We are excited to announce the foundation of this critical part of our college community – the MC Parent & Community Association (MCPCA). Since the interests of the students form the basis of this group, all parents/caregivers are encouraged to join and support the MCPCA. Students often feel they have more support if their parents/caregivers are involved in their school life and broader education. The MCPCA co-operates in various ways with the School Council in furthering interest in the college.
The MCPCA aims:
- To contribute to the wellbeing of the Mullauna College Community (students, parents/caregivers and staff);
- To liaise with the College Council and the Principal in identifying needs and concerns within the College Community;
- To encourage the participation of all parents/caregivers in the life of the school and the education of their children;
- To provide opportunities for parents/caregivers to get to know each other and to be informed about their child’s school and general education issues;
- To raise funds for the benefit of the school and disburse these funds as required.
Amongst other things, the MCPCA organises the following:
- Information evenings/speakers
- Catering and support for a number of school functions
- Second hand uniform sales
- Fundraising activities
- Social functions
The MCPCA meets monthly & allow a range of community members to attend and contribute. The meetings will provide the opportunity for community members to meet, to be informed about college activities, and to contribute to college life. Meeting dates and times will be published in the college Newsfeed and on the website; they will also be emailed to those who are MCPCA registered members.